Let’s share our abundance with others!
Greetings Goddesses! If you are like me, the thoughts of giving piles of tangible holidays gifts causes some discomfort. This year our family is trying something new and gifting local charities instead of ourselves. We will use this “Choose-A-Charity” graphic to coordinate our charitable donations. How? Easy! Here are the directions:
- Print and pass this poster around your family & friends
- Each person chooses a charity by penciling in their name below
- Return to the owner
- Instead of a Christmas gift, owner donates in your name
- Completed poster is hung in a special place for the season
You can work on it before, during, or after the big day. It makes for meaningful discussions with your family in this post-election season! Then hang the completed poster with your other holiday greeting cards or post it on the fridge for the rest of the season.You can even make copies of the completed poster and mail it to the family members for them to display too. The above poster is made to show local charities in Exeter, NH. Scroll way down for a blank customizable poster for yourself.
“We have so much and we don’t need more, instead let’s help to even the score.”
Dont forget the backside /or page 2, so folks can understand and discuss the “Mission” of each possible charity!! This is where you can get into the true “reason for the season”…….. or if you are more of a believer in eco-spirituality like me you can get a warm and fuzzy glow from knowing you are helping folks to become kinder to the earth and all its creatures in the “web of life”…… However you look at it, you are creating a Sustainable-Christmas for yourself and others 🙂
(PS. customizable version at very bottom, keep scrolling down)
Would you like to customize the poster?
- Download this blank one (below) to your computer (by clicking on it and choosing SAVE IMAGE AS),
- then open the picture, “copy” it,… then open a WORD doc and past it in,
- then add six text boxes over the gifts (using command”wrap= in front of”) and type in white font 11pt.
Or if that seems too complicated…. just print the picture then use a Sharpie to write on the gifts!
(Then also don’t forget to type your own “legend” for the backside/ or page 2!)
Namaste! ~RM allen